4 + 2 = 1

4 + 2 = 1

Waiting for Our Twins

Waiting for Our Twins

Sunday, April 7, 2013

A Little Background

At the start of our adoption journey I googled "Lithuanian adoptions" and found several blogs, like this will hopefully be, that were incredibly insightful, helpful, realistic, exciting, moving....  There weren't many, so I want to do my part and hopefully, someday, somehow, be able to encourage someone else who may be considering traveling the adoption path.

A little background information, for those of you who may not know us- we have a pretty sweet life.  Happily married for almost 13 years, 2 amazing children, 1 of each- a sweet little girl and a spunky little boy.  We even have a well behaved, albeit hairy, dog. We live on a cul-de-sac that is pretty nearly perfect.  We have a spacious home.  We have jobs that we love and schools that the kids clamor to go to even on the weekends!  So why would we want to change all that?

Simply- we didn't, but God did.

In the Fall, I started to get this feeling of wanting more kids.  If you know me, you know that isn't normal!  Al and I were both adamant that our family was DONE when Alden was born.  I couldn't believe I was having this urge to add to our family- and I figured if God wanted it to happen it would.  I also enjoyed picturing Al passing out when I would tell him I was pregnant....

Flash forward to Christmas Eve.  I am beyond freezing cold, standing at a NY playground, attempting to not loose feeling in my feet, all while keeping an eye on my two kiddos who were gleefully ignorant of how cold it really was.  Al and I were talking, when he drops the bomb- "What would you think if we added to our family?  I am thinking we need to adopt internationally and possibly a sibling group."

My world was shaken!!  THIS was coming from the man who wasn't sure he wanted a second child!  And now he wants to add two more children to our family?!?

This was clearly a God thing and we were both super excited!

The rest of the posts will hopefully provide insight as to the adoption process.  I hope that it is helpful to someone, someday, and I also hope to be able to keep it to show our Asher and Annalise.  To show them how much we wanted and needed them to be in our family.  How much they were loved before we knew who they were!

No comments:

Post a Comment