4 + 2 = 1

4 + 2 = 1

Waiting for Our Twins

Waiting for Our Twins

Monday, April 8, 2013

Added Bonuses

Part of the adoption process is that we have to read lots, and I mean LOTS, of books.  The added bonus of this is that I have learned lots of amazing "tools" to add to my parenting tool belt.  I do feel that I am a far better parent- and will continue to be a better parent- yay!

There are some things that we needed to do- and we were excited to do them not only before the homestudy, but before our children come home!

My sister gave me a cool poster of Europe- I now have it framed and hanging in the playroom!  How cool that our kids can see their home country proudly displayed!

We need to have our family's rules displayed- so I started looking for something that I could use to create our rules when I stumbled on this!  How perfect!  It hangs on the wall where you can see it while sitting at the kitchen table OR in the living room!

We are also working on the fruits of the spirit- and this nifty idea came from one of the parenting books- we will focus on one fruit of the spirit each week- and at dinner, we will share where we saw other family members exhibiting it- each family member will place a marble in.  Hopefully it will help us be other's focused and working on our fruits of the spirit!

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, I love your decorating ideas and visual reminders of the family rules and the fruit of the spirit jar! And of course I am happy to see that the map is being put to good use!! :-) I'm sure that Asher and Annalise will feel very much at home with you guys!!

    ReplyDelete