4 + 2 = 1

4 + 2 = 1

Waiting for Our Twins

Waiting for Our Twins

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Starting to Prepare

We don't know when our Court Date is (and yes, I am aware that it is NOT a proper noun, but it is SO important, it IS a proper noun to ME!)- but I still need to DO something- so I am starting to prepare what I can.

Eastern Europe has drastically different views on clothing than I do- and I am attempting to be prepared according to their standards.  Thank goodness for the network of fellow Lithuanian adoptive moms I am privileged to know!  I was going to just pack warm coats and hats for the kids- all 4 of them.  That is not enough.  They all need warm hats, gloves, snow pants and snow boots.  I know, it's going to be cold- a little below freezing- but we aren't going to be spending vast amounts of time just standing in the cold!  There isn't much daylight, so we will be inside as much as possible!!  Still, the expectation is for these kids to be bundled Christmas-Story-Style.  Which is good to know before we leave!

I have mostly everything- Asher needs a coat (Adeline's wonderful teacher and friend is giving us one!) and both Asher and Annalise need snow boots.  

What fun!  Now if that Court Date would just come.... 

{side note- there are now 2 new forms that we must fill out, pay handsomely for, notarize, apostille, and rush to Michigan and then to Lithuania, before the Court Date can be issued- we found this out TODAY- good thing Al is a Paperwork Master!  These new forms will be in the mail once we get the form we need from the US govt which should arrive tomorrow- whew!}

No comments:

Post a Comment